Rhytidoplasty (facelift) and Cervicoplasty (neck lift) are two facial cosmetic surgeries that aim to reposition the tissues of the face, chin, and neck, which become loose or flaccid due to natural aging. It typically targets sagging skin, wrinkles, and fatty deposits around the face and neck to help restore a youthful, rejuvenated appearance.
At Dr. Juan David Londoño’s state-of-the-art facility in Medellin, we offer these services to clients who want to regain a reinvigorated, refreshed appearance.
Several techniques may be used to carry out these surgeries depending on the areas that need to be treated:
- A frontal or forehead lift eliminates wrinkles and furrows that develop as you age.
- A temporal lift or brow lift aims to raise the lateral parts of your eyebrows to their normal position and remove the excess skin.
- A cervicofacial lift repositions the skin surrounding the facial and cervical tissues.
Before your surgery, it is integral that you schedule an evaluation appointment. We take the time to carefully assess your case, prescribe the most optimum treatment accordingly, and provide you with a quote for our services.
- Our rhytidoplasty/cervicoplasty surgery is performed at the exclusive operating rooms of the El Tesoro Medical Tower in Medellin, Colombia. The surgery is performed under local anesthesia and can take 3-7 hours to complete, depending on your unique case.
The Rhytidoplasty Procedure Step By Step
- First, incisions are made along the temple, above and to the front of the ear around the ear lobe, and then behind the ear where it meets the scalp.
- Next, the skin is lifted carefully and repositioned while the surgeon tightens the facial muscles.
- Any excess skin is removed.
- Finally, the surgeon uses fine sutures or metal clips to close the incisions.
This procedure removes excess sagging skin that gives your face an aged appearance. As a result, you will regain a youthful, firmer facial structure for a rejuvenating effect. The results of facial rejuvenation surgery may vary according to the patient’s age, lifestyle, and the quality of their facial tissue. The effects of this surgery are quite long-lasting, usually ranging between 10 to 20 years.
In addition to a rhytidoplasty, you may be recommended a cervicoplasty to remove excess skin and fat from around the chin and neck area.
During the postoperative period of rhytidoplasty, the following must be taken into account:
- Post-surgery, you will experience swelling and tenderness; it is recommended to rest well and apply a cold compress to the area.
- Dr. Juan David Londoño will provide guidelines to follow during your recovery; heed them well.
- Ensure you take your prescribed medications on time.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Maintain a healthy and balanced diet.
Post-rhytidoplasty, you will begin to see the actual results after the four-week mark. The results will include a smoother appearance, decreased flaccid skin, and firmer facial makeup.
Our state-of-the-art facility provides exceptional care and comfort pre-surgery and during recovery so you can get the best results possible. That is not all; we offer the most affordable quotes for our clients according to their unique needs and desired results.
Schedule your evaluation appointment with us today so we can study your case and needs and provide you with the best care (and pricing) accordingly!