A breast lift surgery or mastopexy is a surgical procedure that allows you to regain a perky, youthful, and attractive breast shape. Many factors may cause sagging breasts, including natural aging, weight gain and loss, and pregnancy. A breast lift is recommended for women who want to regain their firm and contoured curves.
Note that this surgery is meant to reshape the existing breast tissue and remove any excess skin; it does not add to the volume of your breasts. If you want to augment the size of your breasts, breast augmentation surgery can be performed in conjunction with a mastopexy.
Before surgery, we hold an evaluation appointment with our clients to study their unique cases and select the most appropriate surgical approach. We further provide them with a quote for our services.
Benefits of A Breast Lift Surgery
- Helps reduce the size of the areola for a more harmonious symmetry.
- Provides a natural-looking lift to sagging nipples and areolas.
- Reduces the flaccidity of the breasts and gives them a firm, toned appearance.
The Mastopexy Procedure Step-By-Step With Juan David Londoño
Prior to your surgery, we will hold an evaluation appointment to evaluate your case and determine the best course of action to acquire your desired results.
Dr. Londoño employs three types of techniques at our state-of-the-art facility, dictated by where the incisions pattern is drawn. Each surgery can take anywhere from 3 to 5 hours, depending on the complexity of the case:
- Incisions around the areola: This procedure is performed when the areola and breast fold are at the same level (Grade 1).
- Incisions in the lower half: This procedure is performed when the nipples are below the breast fold but are still pointing upward (Grade 2).
- Incisions in the breast fold: This procedure is performed when there is excessive breast drooping of the breast that demands tissue relocation and skin removal. (Grade 3).
To provide the best results, some patients may be interested in the use of breast implants in combination with their breast lifts to achieve their desired curves. However, it all depends on your unique preferences and expected results.
A Breast Lift Surgery Is Recommended For The Following Cases
- Flabby Breasts: Over time, the breast loses its volume and curved shape leading to an elongated, flatter mass.
- Drooping Nipples: In this case, the nipples droop below the breast fold and start pointing downwards near the areola.
- Disproportionate Areolas: The areolas become stretched over time and lose their shape, giving your breasts an unbalanced appearance.
- Asymmetric Breasts: Breast asymmetry occurs when the breasts are exaggeratedly uneven or one breast droops lower than the other.
After surgery, you must avoid strenuous physical activity for at least 4 weeks. During the first few days, you may experience slight pain, breast sensitivity, inflammation, hardness, swelling, and bruising.
During this time, taking special care and taking your prescribed medication on time is important. These will help alleviate the pain and swelling and promote faster healing. Dr. Juan David Londoño will also provide detailed guidelines to assist in a fast recovery.
Regarded as one of the most skilled plastic surgeons across Colombia, Dr. Juan is also an accredited member of the Colombian Society of Plastic Surgery. He delivers aesthetically pleasing, natural-looking results through safe, advanced techniques and technology.
For more information on our services, reach out to us.