An endoscopic frontoplasty, better known as a forehead surgery or a brow lift, is a surgical procedure that rejuvenates your appearance and minimizes the many effects of aging for a refreshed, youthful look to your forehead and eyes.
This cosmetic procedure will not only remove the effect of drooping brows but will also eliminate horizontal lining and furrows that can deepen over time. These can often give the appearance of being angry, upset, or tired – an endoscopic frontoplasty can correct these small effects.
There are two techniques used for forehead surgery:
- A conventional frontoplasty will reposition the muscles and tissues of the forehead through small incisions made behind the hairline.
- An endoscopic frontoplasty will use a special viewing instrument called an endoscope to visualize the body’s internal structures through the incisions for more precise adjustments.
We offer professional endoscopic protoplasts services to residents and visitors in Medellin, Colombia, at the El Tesoro Medical Tower. Dr. Juan David Londoño, one of the leading plastic surgeons in Colombia, will carefully assess your unique case and suggest the most fitting surgery method accordingly.
The surgery is usually performed under local or general anesthesia and can last anywhere from 1 ⅕ to 3 hours, depending on the complexity of your case.
Before your surgery, it is essential that we take the time to study your case. Therefore, reach out to us and schedule an evaluation appointment today so we can establish the best surgery method for you and accordingly provide you with a quote for our services.
- The surgery is usually performed under local or general anesthesia and will last an average of 2-3 hours.
The Advantages Offered By Forehead Surgery:
- It will give your face a natural-looking, youthful appearance.
- Forehead surgery requires short incisions above the hairline that are barely visible after recovery.
- Recovery is quick.
- It delivers long-lasting results, anywhere from 7-10 years.
What Is Recovery Like After Forehead Surgery?
Post-surgery, you are recommended to stay at the clinic for postoperative care for the initial 2-3 days. Here are some recommended guidelines that will assist in a speedy recovery:
- To reduce inflammation, keep your head elevated while sleeping.
- Avoid lifting heavy weights or making sudden movements with your head until you fully recover.
- Do not engage in any sort of exercise for at least 2-4 weeks post-surgery.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight and use sunscreen for better protection.
- Avoid the use of makeup for at least 2 weeks after surgery.
Endoscopic frontoplasty is most commonly performed on women and men between 40 to 60 years of age who want to eliminate signs of aging, including forehead wrinkles, drooping eyebrows, and furrows. However, this procedure is also recommended for young people wanting to remove expression lines or lowered eyebrows that give a tired appearance.
The long-lasting and incredibly effective results of our endoscopic frontoplasty services make it one of the most sought-after procedures across Medellin.
For more information on this procedure, visit our facility to have a one-on-one evaluation session with our specialists. We will help you understand how the procedure works and how to best achieve your desired results.
Reach Out To Us Today For Your Evaluation Appointment!