A gluteal lipo transfer or lipo injection is a surgical procedure in which excess fat is extracted from certain areas of the body. This fat can then be purified and injected into the buttocks to increase size.
This procedure has a very low risk for the patient since it uses the patient’s own natural fat stores, reducing the chance of the body rejecting its insertion. This makes it an excellent method used to sculpt and augment parts of the body as desired.
Patients with excess fat that doesn’t seem to go away can use liposuction to remove this fat and then transfer it to the buttocks to create a curvier shape.
At the patient’s request, we also combine this procedure with gluteal augmentation using implants to create even fuller curves.
- Our cosmetic and plastic surgery procedures are performed at the El Tesoro Medical Tower in Medellín. This procedure is performed under general anesthesia and may take 3-4 hours to complete, depending on the extent of work needed.
How Is Gluteal Lipo-Transfer Performed?
Before your surgery, Dr. Juan David Londoño will hold a pre-surgery assessment to evaluate the amount of tissue needed, where it will be sourced from, and the results you expect from this procedure. You will further be guided on how the surgery is performed and what to expect.
As a preliminary preparation for surgery, you should avoid consuming any anti-inflammatory medication, vitamin E medication, or aspirins. Patients should also avoid smoking before surgery which may otherwise pose a risk to your successful procedure.
The first step of the surgery includes liposuction, where fat is extracted from the excess fat deposits. Small 1-2 cm incisions are made in the intergluteal folds through which the fat is broken down, centrifuged, and sterilized. Once the fat is purified, it can then be inserted into the patient’s buttocks as needed.
The surgeon will expertly decide the optimum amount of fat needed to deliver the desired volume and profile you requested. Furthermore, the incisions from this surgery are barely perceptible to the naked eye.
Recovery and Care After A Buttock Fat Transfer
- Following the procedure, you should take the first 3 days to fully rest.
- After surgery, you should use a surgery girdle or compression garment for at least 20 days to promote faster recovery.
- Avoid sleeping on your stomach or sitting up for the first few hours.
- Avoid any strenuous exercise or sudden movements for the first two weeks.
- Post-surgery, you should avoid adopting any new weight loss diet as this may lead to fat loss in the body that will reverse the results obtained.
- A lymphatic draining massage will help encourage the drainage of lymph nodes and help in skin tightening.
- It will take a few weeks to see the full effects of the surgery. Note that 20%-30% of the inserted fat may be reabsorbed by the body.
What Payment Methods Do You Offer?
In which clinic or operating rooms do they perform the surgeries?
What are the Educational Qualifications of Dr. Juan David Londoño?
Is Dr. Juan David Part of the Colombian Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (SCCP)?
Schedule an evaluation appointment with our professionals to get the best results from your surgery. We take the time to study your unique case and your needs and determine if this procedure is the right choice for you.
Benefits of Gluteal Lipo Injection
Unlike other forms of buttock augmentation surgery, this procedure is highly beneficial as it can help eliminate undesirable fat deposits. Since the fat is sourced from your body, it delivers admiringly effective, naturally-looking results.
This injected fat is also proven to help promote collagen and elastin production, leading to a more firm body contour. Many patients are recommended this procedure as it can also help with issues such as sagging skin after fat removal.
The results of this surgery are quite long-lasting and can help you give a more balanced and proportionate figure.
This procedure is recommended for both men and women wanting to enhance their buttock size or create more elegant curves but also want to eliminate unnecessary fat from the body.
For more information on our services, you should schedule an evaluation appointment with our experts!